An EHS Lead is required for a significant Biotech multinational in Athlone. The EHS lead will provide environmental, health, safety and security support for all operations at the manufacturing facility. The duration of the contract will be 12-14 months and is a full-time position.
-Develop, implement and monitor environmental, health, security & safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company standards and values.
– Work closely with manufacturing staff operations and the EHS Team to promote safe manufacturing practices, procedures, and proper use of containment equipment and facilities. – Serve as EHS Team facilitator
– Identify and address site EHS issues and employee concerns.
– Perform accident management activities including injury management investigations and associated record keeping.
– Identify, implement and track corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
– Perform EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
– Manage governance of life safety fire and property risk management programs. – Develop, implement and maintain training programs for health, safety and the environment.
– Responsible for developing appropriate emergency plans and response capabilities.
– Maintain availability to respond to emergencies during off-hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays).
– Stay abreast of new EHS government regulations as they are promulgated as well as new developments in industry (best practices).
– Build relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs.
– Serve as the site Biosafety Officer
– Develop an ATEX plan and an explosion protection document for the site
– A minimum of five years’ professional experience required in environment, health, and safety programs.
– A minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience in cGMP environment is desirable
– Knowledge and understanding of environment, health, and safety permitting and regulations.
– Knowledge and understanding of environment, health, and safety compliance reporting.
– Specific experience in hazardous waste management or other professional EHS trainings or certifications a plus.
– Ability to make effective oral presentations and work as part of a team.
– Proficiency in organizing, communication, problem solving, multitasking and collaborating with others.
– The individual in this position will be able to manage a team and provide guidance and instruction on a regular basis to team members
Contact Kieran today on +353 21 4777329 for a further discussion or apply with your CV directly via this advert.