An E&I Lead is required for a leading Biotech client in Dublin, Ireland for a project duration of approximately 9 months. This a significant global multinational which is undergoing considerable expansion at its Dublin site. Candidates need to have experience leading construction projects and taking ownership of the construction phase of the E&I packages. This role reports directly to the Construction Manager. Previous large scale Bio Tech experience is essential, and experience in large scale instrumentation aspects is advantageous.
– Review all documentation/submittals associated with the E&I scopes of work.
– Provide technical support and input to the plant engineering and maintenance teams as requested after the handover of E&I systems.
– Implement Instrumentation/Electrical elements of projects from initial engineering to construction and through to commissioning stages.
– Apply International standards including safety, quality, and environmental, cost and energy efficiency standards to all aspects of work.
– Ensure the Project is been installed to the design specification and documentation.
– Carry out quality audits on site and agree first of kind installations including all secondary drops to equipment.
– Witness testing across all E&I systems including MV, LV, Comms, Delta V etc.
– Monitor the installation of projects to ensure quality of work and ensure punch listing, pre-commissioning and commissioning of projects are carried out in accordance with procedure.
– Ensure that the integrity of E/I infrastructure is maintained and liaise with all system Vendors during construction and commissioning stages.
– Participate on all E&I MC walk downs and have a full understanding of how all the E&I systems function on site and provide support to all relevant parties.
– Any other duties as required
Skills and Experience Required
– Strong interpersonal & communication skills, with excellent commercial awareness for developing relations with the commercial team
– Excellent experience in working positive and progressive relations with both client and consulting engineers, being the on-site point of contact
– Proven record in managing and leading a large team to meet with all project requirements and deadlines.
– Ensure the adherence to safety and quality standards
– Capability of monitoring progress against work schedule to identify any issues on the projects
– Liaison with suppliers/procurement dept. to organize plant and equipment inspections.
– Ensuring project quality is aligned with client & contract requirements
– Possess the commercial acumen to work effectively with the entire project management team, to ensure – project profitability
– Coordinate system walk downs and handover to CQV.
– Degree or Diploma Qualified or with an Industry Recognized Apprenticeship
– A minimum of 10 to 15 years’ industry experience
For a further discussion, call Kieran today on +353 21 4777329 or apply directly with your CV via this advert. Visit http://lscconnect.com/jobs/ for further current contract opportunities and industry news