Emerson are the predominant supplier of automation systems to the biotechnology manufacturing sector in Ireland. Based in Ireland for over 15 years, the company has market leading automation and MES systems as well as associated hardware and field instrumentation. Emerson are looking to significantly increase their team to meet the growth in the sector in Ireland. With offices in both Cork and Dublin, these roles will give opportunities to work on the process automation of major pharma and biotech projects, implementing new technologies and developing industry leading manufacturing information systems. The Irish offices provides automation solutions to the Life Science sector across Europe, with Ireland being the center of excellence for the company’s flagship MES product.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to advance their career using Emerson’s talent management programme with significant training on both automation and MES systems as well as industry trends, new technologies and exposure to pharma and biotech processes.
– Be the primary contact for all matters relating to the technical scope and Engineering of all allocated projects and by working closely with the Project Manager ensure that each customer’s expectations are fully understood, managed and achieved.
– Take ownership of the Engineering activities on all allocated projects and proactively utilise methodologies, resources and techniques for minimising the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard.
– Actively contribute to the development of a realistic and achievable project schedule and provide the Project Manager with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk.
– Ensure that all the project team members, inclusive of any third parties, are provided with all necessary and relevant information – details of scope, schedule, technical specifications and quality standards – to effectively deliver their allotted work.
– Provide the Project Manager with the procurement list, including detailed specifications for any sub-contracted works and services where relevant, along with required delivery dates.
– Fully understand the scope of work for each project with their portfolio, ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Project Manager is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer initiated changes in scope.
– Ensure that all Engineering activities are undertaken in accordance with the Company’s quality control processes and that the relevant standard is achieved.
– Actively contribute to any assigned bid activities to ensure that the customer’s requirements are fully understood and that innovative and cost effective solutions are proposed.
– Take overall responsibility for the management of the other parties – product vendors, sub-contractors, other Emerson teams and third parties undertaking work on behalf of a customer – that are providing products and services associated with the Senior Lead Engineer’s portfolio of projects.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
– Technical degree or equivalent with at least 8 years experience with focus on the life-science industry and a proven track record.
– Proven experience with a DeltaV or other DCS systems within life science industry
– Good knowledge of European and International major pharmaceutical regulatory requirements (FDA, EMEA, ICH)
– Ability to influence the culture of a project team or department to adopt and maintain good quality standards.
– Proven experience and personal credibility in front of customers and colleagues is essential.
– Basic knowledge of project management
– Ability to deliver training.
– Member of ISPE, with involvement in Communities of Practice to ensure current knowledge.
For more information on this role please contact Eoin on 021-4777329 or apply directly through this advert.