An experienced Occupational Hygienist is required for a 12 month contract with a leading pharmaceutical multinational in the Cork area. The purpose of this role is to support the EHS Manager to implement the occupational hygiene programme & broader EHS matters ensuring compliance with legislation and Corporate EHS Standards. The role covers all areas of the site, including R&D and site personnel. The role holder will be able to influence decisions of this management population in relation to occupational hygiene matters and liaise with Employee Health Management regarding health surveillance & employee health related cases.
– Co-ordinate chemical risk assessment programme & complete chemical risk assessments
– Develop an annual occupational hygiene monitoring plan, carry out associated monitoring & communicate and file results of said monitoring
– Ensure the ‘Cork Chemical Database’ is maintained
– Provide input into projects regarding chemical containment / introduction of new chemicals to the site
– Participate in incident / accident investigations where required
– Conduct inspections of work areas / carry out Level 1 / Level 2 audits
– Provide advice & support for occupational noise and vibration issues
– Develop & implement a site manual handling / ergonomics programme
– Develop & monitor programmes to ensure compliance with Dangerous Goods and REACH requirements
– Manage site PPE programme
– Carry out/co-ordinate EHS training needs analysis and develop and provide training as necessary e.g. chemical awareness, PPE etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
– A Science or Engineering based degree
– Additional qualification / training in occupational / industrial hygiene
– Working knowledge of Irish health, safety and environmental legislation in particular as it relates to occupational hygiene aspects
– A qualification in Occupational / Industrial Hygiene
– Qualified manual handling instructor
– 5+ years as an EHS professional in the Pharma industry on a primary manufacturing facility
– Thorough knowledge of process plant
– Have a sound technical knowledge of their specific discipline and good understanding of critical business functions on site.
– Detailed knowledge of the cGMP requirements relevant to the role and understand the Global Quality Policies and Global Quality Guidelines that relate to the role
– Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiating, and influencing skills
– Training Delivery Skills
Call Ruth today for a further detail on 0214777329 or apply direct via this advert with your up to date CV in Word format.